Sunday, April 15, 2012

Trial and Error

This weekend was about finding what works for us, and learning about using coconut flour, as I have never used it before. I personally don't like the smell or taste of cocnut at all, however my 2 littlest daughters need something to take in their lunch to daycare that does NOT contain nuts, or fish for that matter. So we all went over to my parent's house for an afternoon bake off. My mom and I created a recipe for carrot/apple muffins which would have been great had I been thinking properly and used either a mixer or food processor to get the eggs light and fluffy, but I waasnt so  until I redo the recipe that one was a flop.

I had pulled a recipe from a blog for sandwich bread and gave it a shot. Well again I just mixed by hand, and ended up with a flat heavy brick rather thana loaf of bread, and while I dont expect it to be light and fluffy, I also don't eat bricks. The flavour however was nice, a little bland but nice. And I am not someone to give the coconut a compliment, but surprisingly it didnt taste cocnutty.

I came home that night and while the girl's were winding down for the night`, I whipped together a crustless apple-pear crumble....yummy!! And as a result of a great recipe turn out, I did what I do best. I had a feed! that's right I ate half the pan by myself! It was worth it.

We wake up this morning, and I am thinking wether or not to give it another try today or wait until tuesday, then I had a minor stroke of genius. The bread has to be good for something in its current state (I am not one for waste). Oh YES!! French toast fingers!!

So you are probably going, well where are the recipes. They are on the next 2 post's. I didnt want one really long post so I split it in 3. Let me know about your trial and errors on the scd diet. Sometimes mistakes make something great!

No comments:

Post a Comment